Providing your pet with a long and healthy life is our top priority at Fresh Pond Animal Hospital. We base our care recommendation on the guidelines provided by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). We are making the following client education handouts available to help you better understand our Annual Preventive Care Recommendations and to provide you with resources to give your pet the best care possible.
- Read more about AVMA and AAHA's recommendations for Dogs
- Read more about AVMA and AAHA's recommendations for Cats
- Fresh Pond Animal Hospital's Canine Prevetive Care Recommendations
- Fresh Pond Animal Hospital's Feline Preventive Care Recommendations
General Educational Information
- Comprehensive Physical Exams
- The Benefits of Diagnostic Testing
- Heartworm Prevention
- Flea and Tick Control
- Senior Care (age 7+)
- Importance of Feline Preventive Care
- The Subtle Signs of Feline Illness
- Decreasing the Stress of Veterinary Visits for Your Cat
|Cats & Carriers—Friends not Foes: This video outlines five simple steps to turn a stressful travel experience into a routine and calm journey for your cat.|
Tips for Taking Your Cat to the Veterinarian: Regular vet visits can improve your cat's quality of life and keep your feline healthy and happy. Ilona Rodan, DVM, Dipl. ABVP, Feline Practice, offers expert advice on this popular topic.