Prolong Your Cat's Life
Fresh Pond Animal Hospital provides a full range of preventive care services to help your cat live a longer, happier life and to Increase the odds of detecting problems early, before they become severe and costly.
Our veterinarians make their annual preventive care recommendations based on the guidelines established by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) and the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and take into consideration your cat's hereditary factors, age, medical history and lifestyle.
Annual preventive care for cats typically includes:
- At least one annual Physical Examination at which time our veterinarians will take a complete medical history, make nutrition recommendations, assess behavior, and review any known medical conditions.
During the exam our doctors will perform a:
- Ear and Eye Examination
- Cardiopulmonary (Heart and Lung) analysis
- Temperature Reading
- Abdominal Palpation
- Dental Exam
- Dermatological Exam
- Musculoskeletal Evaluation
- Vaccination recommendations include core vaccines Rabies and Feline Distemper. Your veterinarian may also suggest the Feline Leukemia vaccine for outdoor cats.
- Parasite Control Products to prevent and repel heartworms, intestinal parasites, fleas and ticks. Round worms can be transmitted to humans, so controlling these parasites protects your cat and also your family.
- Diagnostic Testing to check for Feline Leukemia and/or Feline AIDS (FeLV/FIV), heartworms or other internal parasites and early stages of diseases which cannot be detected during a physical exam.
- Your veterinarian will also discuss other services, such as dental care or microchipping, that can lead to a longer and healthier life for your cat.
Fresh Pond Animal Hospital’s Cat Friendly Services
- A special waiting area to keep your cat away from dogs, or immediate access to a quiet exam room if necessary
- Veterinarians who understand the particular health care needs of your cat
- Well-trained Team Members who know how to handle cats in a gentle and effective manner
- Feliway diffusers in every exam room to promote a sense of well-being in cats
- Special cat treats in our exam rooms
- Tailored feline vaccine protocols
- Parasite control recommendations specifically for cats